Five former directors of a printing company have been charged with tax fraud.
The defendants, who were directors of Anton Group Ltd, appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court today (29 June 2017) and were formally charged with Cheating the Public Revenue.
The five men are:
- Stephen Knight, DOB 14/3/1952, of Perry Street, Billericay, Essex
- John Knight, DOB 15/5/1945, of Glebe Road, Ramsden Bellhouse, Billericay
- Brian Thomas, DOB 01/01/1950, of The Marshes, Dengie, Southminster
- Paul Murphy, DOB 05/09/1961, Spring Elms Lane, Little Baddow, Chelmsford
- Phillip Sach, DOB 20/6/1966, of The Lintons, Sandon, Chelmsford.
They were bailed to appear at Southwark Crown Court on 27 July 2017.
Notes to Editors
- Follow HMRC Press Office on Twitter @HMRCpressoffice.
- HMRC's Flickr channel: www.flickr.com/hmrcgovuk.
Issued by HM Revenue & Customs Press Office
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is the UK’s tax authority.
HMRC is responsible for making sure that the money is available to fund the UK’s public services and for helping families and individuals with targeted financial support.